8/29/2011

New coffee table is needed...

After ruining the coffee table in the living room by accidentally spilling some paint and glue on it (after a modelling session in front of the TV one evening), I promised my wife to build a new coffee table to replace it.
But why make a plain table, why not spice it up a bit? So I decided to make a glass topped table with a model railroad layout in it.

The dimensions will be approximately the same as the old one: 1200 x 600 mm with about 40 cm in height. In this small space I had a limited choice of scale to use. N would be too small, in HO not too much space for curves. So I decided to use 009 (narrow gauge in HO scale).

The theme is a freelanced coal mine and a small terminal with a few tracks. The scenery will play a major role also.

No comments:

Post a Comment